November 09, 2011

Week 44- Good to wow- macro

Macro photography is one of my favorites! I really wanted to participate, but think I would be able to due to still feeling a little week after recovering from the flu. Thankfully, I am doing a whole lot better and was able to get a few photos today. I do not own a macro lens, so I use Macro filters that twist onto the end of my kit lens. I believe I got them for about $15 on Amazon. Love them! I also have a lens reverse ring that I can attach to my 50mm. It works pretty good for $8. Both are nice to have if you are interested in macro photography, but prefer not to invest in a lens until you are sure :)

Now, for my SOOC. I wondered around looking for something to shoot- it was windy and cold here today so I didn't think there would be much. I shot a few of a Live Forever by my patio door, but they were not what I had in mind. Then, much to my surprise, I saw a lone dandelion in the yard. I had been intending to photograph one all spring and summer and never got around to it, so now I had my chance. I was surprised at how they turned out. While I was at it, I decided to try out the Kelby WB-I love it! I still need to tweak it a little, but I'm happy I at least understand the concept.




See you tomorrow with the edits!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These shots are great, I don't see any room for editing.
Thanks for the comment at my place.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Those are really awesome!