January 02, 2012

Last Good to WOW for 2011

Email I wrote to Jill and Ashley: 
       I wanted to tell you and Ashley thank you so much for the weekly challenges! It was my first one and I learned so much! What I loved most was learning how to use my camera manually. Wow! What a difference it made-it took me exactly where I wanted to be with my photography and that was to be able to take great photos of my family and my children growing up. Now, it is very seldom my camera is in the auto setting- I mean, very, very seldom. I think learning about Kelvin really kicked things up another notch- that lesson made me actually see the light I was shooting in, not look at it, but really see it, made a big difference and helped me to see things from another perspective.  I was surprised at people wanting me to shoot their weddings, themselves and their children, and how much being part of the weekly challenges helped and the lessons learned came in handy. I read a proverb that made me think of both of you:
"A candle looses nothing of its light by lighting another candle"
- thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us when so many knowledgeable photographers won't because they are afraid of being "outdone". Thank you for lighting my photography candle and now, I plan to light someone else's. 

Collage of favorite Weddings SOOC 2011:
Free Story Boards from here  

No comments: