December 12, 2011

Good to Wow-Bokeh & Holiday Bokeh Party

I LOVE bokeh! Holiday light bokeh is even better and more fun! Here's my first SOOC photo for the challenge:
I played around with my white balance in camera- makes a very big difference, rather than leaving it in auto- Taken with my 50mm 1.8 lens.

These are edited:
While I had my setup, I went ahead a did an impromptu shoot with my children (realized, I do have room for my own studio!!!). My youngest son:

Here's another one- I saw this on another site and it really got my attention, so I gave it a try- this one is edited.
The bokeh is from my Christmas Tree- here's a tutorial of how to do different shapes- very easy and fun: http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I love all of your bokeh photos! The last one is easily my favorite.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love the custom bokeh- so pretty & what a sweet smile your son has.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so impressed with the last shot! I tried to do some custom bokeh without looking at tutorials and it didn't quite turn out as well as I had hoped, so thanks for the link!

Jaymi said...

I love that candy cane shot! I posted a similar one on my blog today too, but I think I like yours better! Also, I'm doing a link up for holiday bokeh on my blog right now, and every Tuesday in December if you're interested!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

The candy cane shot is perfect. Well done. The photo of your son is amazing and perfect in b/w. :)